- Sea views
- Award-winning food
- Dinner by advance booking
- Vegetarian options by request
- Seasonal menus
- Food locally sourced where possible
- Dietary requirements catered for with prior notice
- Pre-dinner drinks
- 4-course set menu
The dining room, which is at the heart of our home, is situated just feet away from where the river meets the sea. This room offers a wonderful opportunity to watch seals, otters and a wide variety of sea birds whilst enjoying your breakfast or dinner. During the summer months, the room is transformed during the evening by the vivid colours of the glorious sunsets, whilst in the cooler months, flickering candles reflect the gold leaf painted walls. There is a nautical theme with thousands of hand painted stars on the ceiling, zodiac fresco and a seven foot gilded compass to reflect our position by the sea. As we only prepare dinner for our guests that have made an advance booking, please let us know as soon as possible if you would like to dine with us as we cannot always stretch things for last minute bookings.
Please note that our dining room is normally closed on Sundays. We can recommend other fine places to eat or for guests who don't wish to go out we can provide homemade soup and sandwiches.
A breakfast worth getting up for, is served each morning - traditional style porridge (no instant types here!) served with cream and whisky, yoghurts and compotes, cereals and seasonal fruits to start. This is followed by perhaps herby mushrooms with poached eggs on toast, grilled kippers, bacon and tomato , locally smoked haddock with poached eggs or smoked salmon with scrambled eggs. The full Scottish with bacon, eggs, pork sausage, mushroom, tomato, haggis and black pudding should also set you up for a day exploring the area!
Vegetarian options are also available by request. For those that would like to remain in bed don't worry, grilled bacon or sausage rolls and tea and coffee can be brought to your suite! Breakfast is served from 8am until 9.30am.
Dinner is a social affair and our menus change with the seasons. Wherever possible we use local suppliers from the immediate area and from across the Highlands. Our four course set menu changes daily to provide variety for our house guests. Please also remember to advise us if you have any dietary requirements as our menus are designed around everyone's requirements. Although we try our best to accommodate everyone's needs, we may not be able to provide dinner for those with multiple dietary requirements as it places too many restrictions on the menu for fellow guests.
Our guests meet for pre dinner drinks at 7pm and dinner is served at 7.30pm. The four course menu offers a starter, soup, main course and pudding. An additional cheese course is also available if required. A typical menu might include one of the following -
- Loch Ewe crab cakes, crab custard
- Steamed fillet of West Coast plaice with ginger and soy, panko crusted prawn, locally grown rockette, rockette oil
- Asian style filet of Scottish beef salad, green beans, spring onions, chilli
- Butternut squash, honey and sage
- Leek, potato and lovage
- Beetroot, red pepper and apple
- Grilled West Coast cod, truffled pea purée, new potatoes
- Roast venison fillet, sweet and sour parsnips, local heritage beans, Pomme Anna
- Pan fried Scottish salmon fillet, caramelised cauliflower purée,slow roasted candy beetroot
- "Passion fruit Pots" - passion fruit mousse, jelly, sorbet with vanilla sable
- Bakewell Tart, rhubarb ripple ice cream, raspberry coulis
- Vanilla pannacotta, crushed meringue, white peach jelly and sorbet
- A taste of British cheese, homemade jelly or chutney, oatcakes